You must have seen outdoor décor in homes and lifestyle magazines or even in certain movies. But, no matter where you’ve seen them, the fact remains that such outdoor living spaces are absolutely stunning to look at.
So, if you’re also considering outdoor renovations, this article is for you. Whether you’re already a pro in outdoor living or new to the world of outdoor living, you need not worry. Outdoor living isn’t rocket science. With the right tips and basic knowledge, anyone can arrange a beautiful outdoor living space.
This quick guide will cover everything you need to know about outdoor living, including which décor items you must have!
Outdoor living- what is it?
So, what is outdoor living? It basically means expanding your outdoor space, such as your backyard, into an additional living space.
Indoor living is fun, pleasant, and comfortable. However, there’s a certain charm, beauty, and rustic quality to having a functional outdoor space. Here are a few benefits of creating an outdoor living area.
- You can spend some alone time after a busy day.
- Spending quality time with family in the fresh air.
- The outdoor living space is a perfect place for culinary enthusiasts. Whether you are grilling food or enjoying a meal, having a space outdoors to do so makes it extra special and relaxing.
- Outdoor living is also suitable for simply sitting, relaxing, reading, or meditating.
- Suppose you plan on selling your home; having an outdoor living space will drastically increase your resale value.
- Having an outdoor living area is also good if you throw parties or plan to entertain gatherings.
If you know the right things to include, your outdoor living space will look out of this world! Some of the most basic and common décor items that people use for outdoor renovations or outdoor living include:
- Entertainment systems such as a karaoke machine or surround sound systems.
- An outdoor kitchen or cooking area.
- Wooden furniture made of tree trunks or even complete dining sets.
- Water fountain.
- Lounge area complete with chairs and hammocks.
Things to consider while planning an outdoor living space
Outdoor living space does not magically appear. Most people take the aid of professionals.
However, in case you’re planning on doing it solo, here are a few considerations to keep in mind.
- First, decide on a budget. Depending on how much you can spend, prioritize what you buy. There are so many outdoor furniture items to choose from. But, the essentials are chairs, a table, and of course a lounge and cooking area. Always make a list.
- If you have the budget, landscaping is also a good idea. Getting your lawn landscaped by professionals will add to the beauty of your outdoor space.
- Another thing to remember is to use weather-friendly outdoor furniture. Your décor items are going to be exposed to all sorts of weather conditions. So, choose items that are durable and can withstand the effects of different seasons.
- A great tip is to also search for décor items that have both aesthetic features as well as practical value.
- It is also essential that you measure everything. Make sure there’s enough room for the things you want to incorporate.
- It is advisable to have ample outdoor lighting. Landscape lighting serves as both a functional and aesthetic element.
- Lastly, in case you add a water fountain or even a fireplace, make sure to keep a safe distance between such amenities and your indoor space.
Must-have décors for outdoor living space
Are you getting your outdoor renovations done? It can get scary or overwhelming thinking about which outdoor furniture or décor items to choose.
We’re here to make outdoor living planning easier for you. Take a look at these décor must-haves for your outdoor living area.
- An extremely pocket-friendly décor item has to be fairy lights. The festive seasons are not the only time you can use such lights.
- Your lounge area can also use bright, colorful, and bold colored cushions. Make room for some lovely textile items like blankets or even rugs.
- A gazebo is also an excellent décor idea if you want protection from the weather and enjoy some shade on sunny days.
- One of the most fabulous and inviting additions to your outdoor living space will be a fireplace.
- A dining table with comfortable seating is also a good thing to have in your outdoor living area.
- One of the ways to naturally beautify your outdoor living space is by keeping various plants. An assortment of greenery adds function and beauty. Potted plants or herbs can give you quick access to seasonings for your meal. In addition, some plants can even help deter pests and insects!
- Some people love keeping hammocks as well. They are practical while also bringing some aesthetic value.
- Remember that a water feature is always a good idea. You can never go wrong with a water fountain. It also helps to reduce external noises.
- In case a gazebo is out of your budget, a large sun umbrella is also ideal.
Creating an outdoor living space is everyone’s dream. It adds beauty and added functionality to your house. But, honestly speaking, it takes some effort, originality, and creativity. But fear not, anyone can learn to make the perfect outdoor living space.
We’ve highlighted all the essential points you need to remember when making, arranging, and working on your outdoor living space. Make full use of them. When in doubt, always consult an interior design professional.